- Clean the Chicken well and cut it into equal pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with a mixture of Red Chilly Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder, Pepper Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Corn Flour, All Purpose Flour, Curd, Lemon Juice, Egg and salt for atleast 1 hr. If you could leave it overnight, it would be great.
- Heat Oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces till it becomes crispy. Place the cooked chicken pieces in a kitchen towel to remove the excess Oil.
- Split and open up the Green Chillies. In another pan, heat Oil for Seasoning and add Curry Leaves, Cumin Seeds, Ginger, Garlic pods and Green Chillies and saute for 30 seconds. Add shallots and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Add the fried Chicken Pieces , Pepper Powder, Salt and toss well. Garnish with Coriander Leaves. Chicken 65 is ready !
Chicken 65 is a spicy, deep-fried chicken dish originating from Chennai, India, as an entree, or quick snack. The flavor of the dish can be attributed to red chillies but the exact set of ingredients for the recipe can vary. It can be prepared using boneless or bone-in chicken and is usually served with onion and lemon garnish. This spicy, tasty south Indian dish has also paved its way for the origin of 'Chicken-65 Biriyani' in Chennai. While the name "Chicken 65" is universally used to refer to the dish, there are many different theories claiming its origins. (From Wikipedia)